Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mounted Training was GOOD

Does Gun powder count for brush removal? Captain, I may have to work that evening, If I can get there I will. I may be able to access a chainsaw but I am not entirely certain. I can ask around. We might see if the Marines will let us borrow a tank... Joking aside, I will see what I can do to help. If I can secure a chainsaw, I can send it with someone maybe in the event I can not make it. Anyway, see you later.

Steven

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'd like to thank you gentlemen for making an effort to train one more time together before the Willamette Mission event. Present were Jerry Eckert, Rick East, Eric Sloop, Ken Morris, Martin LaRue, Steve Pease, JR Robinson, Rich Lewis, Joe Hamer, Rock Hamer, Bill Alguire and myself. I think we got a lot done and had some good discussions as well.

Don't forget the hack and chop party at our campsite on June 28th. Be there early, with gloves, and weapons of destruction for the vines and brush we need to clear out. We also may need a chain saw to make sure the path to the river is open.

See you there.

Capt. Ahearn

Campsite clearing

I went by Willamette to check out our campsites and there is no need for chainsaws - the river pathway is clear and neat. There is a need for labor and for mowers, weed whackers and pruners. We will also set up the picketlines for the horses and clean up the camps of the 14th Virginia and the 43rd Virginia.

Capt. Ahearn

Replying to:

Does Gun powder count for brush removal? Captain, I may have to work that evening, If I can get there I will. I may be able to access a chainsaw but I am not entirely certain. I can ask around. We might see if the Marines will let us borrow a tank... Joking aside, I will see what I can do to help. If I can secure a chainsaw, I can send it with someone maybe in the event I can not make it. Anyway, see you later.

Steven

Replying to:

I'd like to thank you gentlemen for making an effort to train one more time together before the Willamette Mission event. Present were Jerry Eckert, Rick East, Eric Sloop, Ken Morris, Martin LaRue, Steve Pease, JR Robinson, Rich Lewis, Joe Hamer, Rock Hamer, Bill Alguire and myself. I think we got a lot done and had some good discussions as well.

Don't forget the hack and chop party at our campsite on June 28th. Be there early, with gloves, and weapons of destruction for the vines and brush we need to clear out. We also may need a chain saw to make sure the path to the river is open.

See you there.

Capt. Ahearn