Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Northwest Equine Expo

Captain,

As always, I shall try to be there to help. I may have to work on Saturday, But I will certainly try to be there on one of the other days. I will contact you later to let you know for certain.

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Corporal Steven Sturman

9th Va. Cavalry

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Several of us have worked at making our presentation for the Equine Expo in Albany special. We were well-received last year and were asked to return for the showcase this year. We will showcase the Canadian breed in the breed demos and will also represent the Northwest Cavalry Association as our main theme.

We will only be able to have 8 horses involved so this means our drill has to look sharp and we have to have the best riders on the horses.

The plan is four in blue and four in gray. We will form column of twos when we enter and gallop around the arena with both flags then hand those flags over to work on drill and execution of sabre/pistol mock attack. We will then seperate, dismount, link horses and move to skirmish with carbines. Remount when called to do so and proceed with what we might have time for from there.

Our bugler will direct much of the action and an announcer will read our script as well.

We will need ground crew helpers, as many as we can afford to get in the venue. These guys will be charged with moving stanchions and jumps around for our arena work, they will be gofers. They will also be needed to man the booth and prior to show days they can also help put up decorations.

Set-up day is Thursday March 20th, first event day is Friday the 21st. The event goes until Sunday, late afternoon. No horses may enter or leave the grounds from Friday morning to Sunday evening.

Let me know if you wish to take part in any area.

Sincerely,

Capt. Ahearn