Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Training March 1st then March 15th

Once again it is my responsibility to inform 9th Virginia members of our training dates - March 1st & March 15th. March 1st is for both mounted and dismounted troops. I plan to concentrate strictly on the mounted since we have the Equine Expo looming up after two practices. If those who arrive are in the dismounted section please make sure others attend as well - not much gets accomplished when only a few troopers show up and its very hard to drill. If just a few show up you will probably be used as a gopher. Call your friends and urge them to attend!

Horses are available but - each horse cost money to attend training and that money must be reimbursed to the horse owner and to the barn owner for use. $5 to the barn, gas/hay money to the hauler/owner. Make sure you arrange ahead of time for your borrowed horse and be responsible for its use and upkeep.

Bring your weapons, pistols, rifles, sabres. Bring rolled rounds. Bring a link strap. Bring your lunch.

Be there at 10 AM and plan to leave at 4 PM

See you there,

Capt. Ahearn

Re: Next Training March 1st then March 15th

Well, training is over. It was a nice sunny day and those who managed to attend were, Jeremy Johnson, Steven Sturman, Ken Morris, Martin LaRue, Gene Peery, Guy Robinson, Jerry Eckert, Tom Warrick, JR Robinson, and George Williams. Joe Hamer was sick with the flu but he made an appearance, Shardon Lewis appeared but left, Dan Miller, Mark Miller, Steve Betschart contacted me, Tom Jenkins was in Las Vegas, Rick East and Chaplain Wood were busy and Bill Alguire was working - however no other notices were received from company members.

Next training is for mounted drill and will be held March 15th. It will be our last training before Equine Expo on the following weekend.

My thanks to all who showed up to train and to those who contacted me to let me know they would not be attending.

Capt. Ahearn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Once again it is my responsibility to inform 9th Virginia members of our training dates - March 1st & March 15th. March 1st is for both mounted and dismounted troops. I plan to concentrate strictly on the mounted since we have the Equine Expo looming up after two practices. If those who arrive are in the dismounted section please make sure others attend as well - not much gets accomplished when only a few troopers show up and its very hard to drill. If just a few show up you will probably be used as a gopher. Call your friends and urge them to attend!

Horses are available but - each horse cost money to attend training and that money must be reimbursed to the horse owner and to the barn owner for use. $5 to the barn, gas/hay money to the hauler/owner. Make sure you arrange ahead of time for your borrowed horse and be responsible for its use and upkeep.

Bring your weapons, pistols, rifles, sabres. Bring rolled rounds. Bring a link strap. Bring your lunch.

Be there at 10 AM and plan to leave at 4 PM

See you there,

Capt. Ahearn