Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tactical Postponed until May 8th & 9th of 2004

Here is the official word and date for the next Tactical at Naches.

Capt. A

=================

Esteemed Members of the WCWA and the NCWA,

It is with deepest regret that I write this message to all to inform you that due to the extreme fire danger that has been experienced throughout the Pacific Northwest that we have been forced to reluctantly cancel the 2003 Tactical in Naches Washington.

This would have been our 5th Tactical held in September and each year it has been at the mercy of the fire danger and we have all who enjoy this tactical experience have held our breaths and crossed our fingers that we will once more be able to have and participate in this what has become to many the must do event of the year. But unfortunately as one Forest service Ranger told me "this is the worst he has seen it in many years.". The 14th Virginia Cavalry thanks you all for your support and enthusiasm for the tactical which has grown from 40 hardy souls the 1st year to over 150 participants last year including Civilians which our finding tactical to be a good experience for them as well. Now in light of our cancellation of this 2003 tactical.....

WE have reset the dates with the forest service and looking at the possible 2004 event schedule for both Washington And Oregon and not wanting to be in fire danger time AND TO CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THIS GREAT EVENT we have
tenitivally set the dates for May 8 and 9 2004 with check in on Friday the 7th. WE realize we are between McIver and Steilacoom and know that some may not be able to come. But we are in hopes with this advanced notice that many will be able to make plans to be there with us and continue to enjoy this event.

Please pass the word around to all you know as I may not have everyone's email. If some one knows the Berdans out of Calf Please send me their email so I make sure they know. Also it would be great to hear the numbers that think they could make it in May for early planning so let the bells ring and emails fly and let us know. If you are coming, want to help Military or civilian ya'll come.

Again we thank all for your past support and for your future consideration and attendance to the Backcountry Tactical 2004
Please Direct any questions regarding this email to myself at alang@yvn.com or to Barb Davisson at romanaruth@pondcomp.com

We Remain in your service
14th Virginia Cavalry Regiment
WCWA
Lt Alan Geho "Marshall"