National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

General & Collecting News
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RARE early 19th CENTURY PENITENT MINERS MINING LAMP VGC

RARE early 19th CENTURY PENITENT MINERS MINING LAMP VGC
This came to light at the Big Meet at Pleasley this year. I bought an all alloy Ashworth from the Guy and he said - What do you think this is? I told him it was a Penitents Stick Lamp for igniting pockets of gas in a mine before the miners went in to work. A very early piece of history. I offered several hundred for it,based on the fact there was no known bench mark for such an item, but he declined and said now that I had identified and dated it for him, he would see if any Museums would buy it. Now it is on E-Bay and has had a bid of £1000 already. The Guy made the right descision to keep it. So not all finds are Roman Gold Treasure, Lamps collecting can be exciting as well!!!!
I hope Mully does not look too close or maybe we will have garden shed stick lamps suddenly appearing!!!!!!!!

Re: RARE early 19th CENTURY PENITENT MINERS MINING LAMP VGC

Mr Birdsall it has got a Wooden Handle, just like the
piston on the bike you tried to sell on Ebay.

go to ...forum.classic-motorbikes.net.....

BSA Gold star for sale on EBay ... Dodgy

Mullyidiot you ought to be a Mullygon.
You would know what this item was if you were hit in the face with it. Dumbo.
And as far as motorbikes go, you don't know your arris from your elbow.

Talk about own goal by Mulliner.
He points us to ClassicMotorbike.net trying to slag me off with his posts on that forum about a couple of Bikes I am selling.
They copped onto his spelling and game plan straight away and gave him the short shrift.
Laughed my socks off when I read it all!!!