National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Checks, Tallies, Tokens & Medals
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VERY EXSPENSIVE CHECKS.

A lot of very pricey checks have recently finished on ebay. everyone out of reach of most collectors and I don't think any of them sold.
When you talk about £650 for a pit check it takes my breath away.As a pensioner and a collector this is my annual heating bill and I know which I would rather have.
It must be nice be able to afford these sort of checks but in the present economic climate not many (if any)can be paying that sort of cash for a check. But good luck to those that can.They looked very nice but you can't eat them !!!!!!

Re: VERY EXSPENSIVE CHECKS.

Hi OAP,
Some checks are like Picasso's and rare, so that is the market price. However money is not plentifull in the very small world of Mining Memorabilia at the moment, but hopefully it will come back again to prices of a couple of years ago, when I got them, at which they were listed. Those I listed were part of my spares. Rare so they will not lose money sat there for some time longer. But several on them did sell afterwards privately in "Off Piste deals" Anyone else interested just E-Mail with a sensible discussion!!
Each of us choose what level we collect at and I am sure we all get enjoyment from what we do, so keep on collecting.
The rarer Strike badges are fetching good money at the moment and are seeing a revival, so what goes round, comes round.
Good Luck all.

Re: VERY EXPENSIVE CHECKS ALSO.

A lot of very pricey art works have recently sold at Auction. Every one out of reach of most collectors.
When you talk about £10,000,000 for a painting it takes my breath away. As a pensioner (I truly am, but don't look it!) and a collector this is my Towns annual heating bill and I know which I would rather have.
It must be nice be able to afford these sort of items of Art, but in the present economic climate not many (if any)can be paying that sort of cash for a picture. But good luck to those that can.They look very nice but you can't eat them !!!!!!
Under my proper name! And just joining the crowd - Be Happy!