National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: european sales sites

I agree that all collectors, old and new, need keeping constantly aware of the man's antics. However the forum rules request that you put it on the correct section.

I have substantial collections of Lamps, badges and checks, so am a dedicated collector and certainly not a joke!!. I will share my knowledge and information with other collectors, especially new collectors. I wish someone had given me more information when i started, because as a green collector - I was ripped off a number of times by sellers who I thought were honest, but they were knowingly selling me junk.
Keep the warnings up, and those who are griping, post something on here to share your knowledge and examples from your collections.

And, by the way, I am probably the only poster on here who consistently uses his true identity with a genuine contact address!!

Re: european sales sites

ex miner and member.
i am wondering if any members have had experience with european e-bay type sites, good or other wise? obviously the language barrier is the first hurdle,and payments and posting, i would welcome any coments before i commit to buying anything, and getting ripped off! (it can be bad enough here at times)
look forward to your replys.

I have been on ebay for 8 years, and had dealings with
most country’s, I deal in anything small and valuable
especially gold jewellery, always use Pay Pal as your
means of payment, but be prepared to change like
dealing with Russia they like there payment in
dollar bills, send the cash in kitchen foil so the
X-ray at the mail sorting will not pick it up.
When ever you send anything out of this country always
make it clear that you cannot be responsible for the postal
service outside the UK its at there risk.
There is no problem with the Language barrier as
as ebay will translate.