National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THIS WEEKEND 10TH/11TH LAMP MEET AT PLEASLEY

Firstly Mulliner I don't control or own this site. Mark Smith does. If there is a problem with posting pics contact Mark.
Secondly Mulliner you are just a faker thief nobody who knows very little, other than what you copy or steal. The top expert in the UK on Protector, Naylor and Baxendale (to name a few) is Mr Dawson and he constantly doing more research. He is even in discussions with Baxendale descendants to further enhance the picture. So ask Mr Dawson your question - except he wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire, as through one of your alias's wba 123 something, you have just sold him a fake Baxendale check, and he is not happy!!!

Things are going very well for some collectors, but others are just scratching a living.

oscar-rv is into pork scratchings now to make a bob or two 150658609290

Well phrased NO BUT. I had to laugh at that one!!
What's oscar rv doing selling tidgy bags of gnasher knockers. It's a rum do. But better not say that, he'll be selling minitures of rum next!!

Maurice Dawson, one of the UK's leading experts on British Oil Safety mining lamps, especially Protector, Teale, Baxendale and Naylor, and one of the founders of the Miners Lamp Society, will not be at tommorrows Meet at Pleasley. He has been rushed to hospital today and has to have a heart pacemaker fitted urgently.
We all hope he has a speedy recovery and is back researching lamps before too long.

I hope it all goes well for him.

Remember Folks with Maurice out of it, all those lamps with
burners missing and no glass, you will be waiting a long time
for parts, so it is not worth it betting on lamps on the auction site that have parts missing.

You say collectors ar restricted to getting replacement parts or work done on old lamps
Well I disagree with you I have contacts up here in county Durham
Who are capable of carrying out restoration
Work on old pit lamps on order to fetch them
BACK to there former glory . So I suggest you do as I did
And get out there and find another resource
Instead of scare mongering remember were theres a meens theres a way