National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ENAMEL STRIKE BADGES SWOPS

Mully is really cranking production of his embossing punch fakes now!! Another four pieces of shining on to rob unsuspecting collectors of their hard earned cash. Total and utter fakes from wba66123, one of Mully's alias's

can you show us a picture of a Bradford badge i.e. 1984
-85 strike. as your above top listing.

it says he looking for a bradford not got one......read it again,.................. shudav gone to specsavers!

Mully has now made a FAKE check for dayoil to sell !!!
370536775815 I think they are working together and sharing the profits.

No dayoil and Birdsall, or is it pitlamps, work together
the check is made with the Kent punches 110704800814

David Canbridge is another Mad Mully the Arch Faker's alias's obviously.
The fake stamped check Dayoil is "selling" is to illustrate how easy it is to make stamped fakes like Mully's.
If you look at the name stamped on the check, it sums all Mully's checks up!!! It is - Norfolk n Good, beleived to be from a Pit (Cesspit!) in Tadorna Drive in Telford.

INCREASED POSTAL CHARGES DUE TO MAILING COST RISE, ARE - U.K. ONLY 2nd CLASS POST £1.85, 2ND CLASS RECORDED £2.50, SPECIAL DELIVERY £6.
The above is on one members site.
At the post office,second class large letter is 58p,recorded delivery is £1.35.
Add the price of a padded envelope, about 6p and see what a rip off some postage charges are.
Some are not satisfied with the profit on the item they are selling.They have to squeeze every last penny out of the customer.
NO WONDER SOME PEOPLE ARE SELLING UP AND LEAVING THE HOBBY.

I take it that wba66123 is mulliner, but dayoil has done
a few deals, how do you explain this one.

Old story again about postal charges.
I actually use first class large stamps at 75p because of thickness of padded envelope with contents, the envelope is 11p, cos it's good quality, and then there is time and other small consumables to pack, travel to Post Office, parking fees etc. I am selling badges and checks from £5 to £225 (sometimes more)that I end up with surplus to my collection. I am not a trader, but a collector moving on my spares. The few pence contingency between cost and charge on postage is a gnats bite on the whole scheme of things. Signed for is £1.52 plus etc.In any case I usually sell multiple items to any one buyer and then usually the charge is only pence more over the charge for one to the charge for five.
So the message is - charges are listed, if you don't like em don't buy - free world, you cheapskate, and if you can't afford the item including the postage, get outta the game. I will buy your collection if it has anything in it thats worth having.
People getting out of collecting has more to do with getting older and spending more time and money on wives and grandchildren, or no longer having the time, energy or will to collect. Take a reality pill.