National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BULLSEYES & SIDE FILLERS AND MINI LAMPS

My reply to Mulliners post re the Bulls Eye for sale on E-Bay -

Re: Bulls Eye the Big One

It is a proper good lamp in perfect condition and conforms to originality as far as I can tell without handling it. It is being sold by a trade seller with a 4000+ feedback. I am told its provenance does NOT include Buille Hill Museum, if thats what Mully is inferring!! Already got two of these, so I am out on this one. And Pierre, the dedicated French Engineer that collects British oil safety lamps, restored one of these to beatifull condition late last year, has his now.But I hope it fetches good money and proves that investment in lamps is not only a good hobby, but is a safe place to spend your money!! Did everyone see the miniture alloy Davy (similar in shape to the ETW ones - last traded at £800) that was sold for $2600 yesterday, thats £1662 in proper money!! 140495262811. Check it out Baby - as Austin Powers would say!
Chuck the Check Collector
and lamps
and badges
and association
More the merrier, keep em coming!!

Pictures of some of my side fillers/bullseyes and the two Miniture ETW & JCB Davy & Clanny

Tall side Filler

Shorter Side Filler

Gang of Side Fillers

Miniture Clanny JCB

Minture Davy ETW

Re: BULLSEYES & SIDE FILLERS AND MINI LAMPS

We would all like to know what you are talking about as you
Have pulled of the posting by Mulliner.
The pictures of the lamps are a waist of time as they are so bad, far to
Dark and lacking in any detail.
French Engineer, Buile Hill, What are you talking about!!!!!!!!

gary, theres a nite class going at local coleeges for adults lurning to spell, you mite want to enrol, of - off, to - too, ( this is what its like with your postings) i think there great pics, just shows whats out there, they dont have to be in detail, there not for sale. and who's we? you and who else, or do you mean i?.

Gary, or whatever your real name is. I don't think you are PROPER COLLECTOR, and you are not the sort of person that should be a member, and I doubt you are!
Who else is taking the time and trouble to post any articles or pictures in a positive light of sharing interest? Paste a positive issue and pic yourself instead of being a griping, grumpy old phart!!
Anyone who is a collector/member know exactly who the French Engineer, Mulliner and Buile Hill rumours are about. Out of that group, only the French Engineer is worth a light!!
Anyway all proper Members and Collectors will look forward to an interesting positive year ahead and lots of items posted on the Forums to share with us all.
It is a long time since anyone has posted an article on the main body of the site. I know the real Gary has done some excellent articles on lamps, maybe someone could ask him to contact Mark to publish them on here under Members Articles. Next time I see him, I will ask also.
And I hope to see all members at the meeting in January at Milton Hall in Elsecar. Any genuine member who has constructive advice or criticism, I will be pleased to discuss issues on a face to face basis.
After all is said and done, this is a hobby and open to all, old and new. It is not the sole preserve of a select few, or masquerading members.
Anyone who would like to see any rare lamps, badges or checks pictured on this forum, just ask, and if I have them, or if any other helpfull member has them, I am sure we can get pics posted on the forum.
Have a good collecting 2011 everyone.

Nice lamps and nice pictures. Thanks for sharing these with the rest of us.

Mark

The Bulld Eye lamp on E-Bay fetched £4200.00. Which shows that good examples of rare lamps are still commanding top prices.
I posted 4 spare Davy's on E-Bay the other day at a robust starting price and within a few hours they already had bids on.
However checks are a different issue, I have statrted selling my spares and prices acheived are way below what I paid when prices were good 2/4 years ago. However I am sure prices will recover on good and rarer checks, because they ain't making any more!
Same as enamel badges and association, prices are down, but rare ones are still holding their own. When the economy recovers, I am sure values will soar back up againg - cos they ain't making any more!!!