National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
imfo on lamps

looking for any imfo on 2 lamps any imfo would be very much appreciated
lamp 1 is a davy all brass construction , the flip top hood is double stamped on both sides with the makers name
knight of dudley
lamp 2 is a eairly clanny with wot looks like a colliery made bonnet added oviously at a later date , the flip top hood is stamped d.evans & CO IF ANY BODY CAN HELP WITH ANY IMFO ON EITHER LAMP I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL
REARDS
ANTHONY

Re: imfo on lamps

Birdsall has lost it ...dodgy e-mail

u f--king ideot , this is a genuine question posted by my self not charles or any 1 else , i aint got any time for ideots like you , its a job u wont infact ideots like you are unemployable , i took the time to ask genuian lamp collectors out there for help in identifying 2 lamps in my own collection and all i get is a f--cking reply from a retard like you , unlike others i wont put up with **** from you i dont hide behind a computer spreeding poisoness lies your a f--kig **** hole lad full of **** , wot gives u the f--king right to insult me ? u cheeky bast--d if u got any thing to say to me say it to my face i am working up and the country at the moment i am sure we can arrange a meeting some were and then lets see if you have the balls to slag me off so dinet ye think your above me lad coz u will come down to earth with a f--ing bang if you carry on slaging me off bonny lad do u under stand me or are you so f--king thick that u dont get the message arsehole get f--ked off ideot

well said, they think they are clever and can hide, but the administer of this site has the email address.

Well said Anthony,
He doesn't realise what a visit he can get from you and the Lads from the Black Stuff. Lots of us have his address if you want to take the wagon and team round and tarmac his drive!!! Even put the cones out to divert the neibours.

Its a good job he hasn't sold you one of his fake cut n shut lamps, he keeps putting on e-bay, you really would be mad as a wasp and ready to drive down and through his front door. harropedge is his fake lamp selling ID

well mara
we got 2 crash cushions loaded up here with a 1000 cones and a crew of 6 of us all from durham , so hes more than welcome to pop along with is mates assuming hes got any ? and join us at j/24 on the m25 for a chat or if its to far for him to travel we will be heading back up to durham eairly saturday morning and we can call in on him , may bE he can make me a copy of a laidler upton and roberts lamp whilst the kettle is boiling mara by they way good news on that lamp i mentioned ower lasses father phoned me eairlier hes managed to get the bonnet off , its stamped around the brass section in between the 3 bars its a evens thomas lamp so i am assuming te name on the fLip top is either the colliery owner or a retailer who sold the lamp to the collieries , hay marra guess wot ? YEP THATS RIGHT ITS A GENUIAN EVENS THOMAS CLANNY NO A F--CKING FAKE MARA