National Mining Memorabilia Association Web Forum

This Forum has been created as a means by which NMMA members can take part in the discussion of, or ask questions regarding the subjects of British mining memorabilia. Please note the Forum has now expanded and occupies several pages. The individual views and comments expressed in this Forum are not necessarily those  held by the NMMA.

• The Forum Moderator reserves the right to delete messages and threads which may be deemed to be offensive in any way to individual members of the NMMA or the general public.
  • News relating to suspected fake items of mining memorabilia or items for sale on Ebay etc. should be restricted to the General & Collecting News Section of the Forum.
  • Forum postings without validated e-mail addresses may be deleted.
  • Posting using bad or dubious language will be deleted.
  • Persistent trouble makers will have their IPP address banned from using the Forum.
  • This Forum is open to all to view but to post entries requires a password from the NMMA Secretary Jeremy Winter - For the Forum posting password please apply by e-mail to twojay.services@virgin.net

To Upload and share your mining memorabilia images click on the link to the Forum Gallery below

NMMA PICTURE GALLERY

Mining Lamps, Badges & Ephemra
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Protector MC-40 Lamp

MC 40 Lamp

Can anyone point me in the right direction on
the Internet to show me what a Protector MC 40 LAMP
looks like, and what was the last one to be sold on EBay.

Thanks Alan

Re: Protector MC-40 Lamp

I am posting picture of MC-40 Lamp

To see the Protector MC-40 MINERS LAMP go to.....

minerslampps.tripod.com

or web site below
..............V........
..............V........
..............V........

The replies here are from Mulliner and the site it points to ia a typical Mulliner/Santaidd site. Wouldn't mind betting it was Mulliner who posted the question also, as the E-Mail address is fake. The minerslamps.tripod address he has is a blatent take off of the Big Meet web address and of an NMMA member e-bay I.D. Look also how his I.P. address changes!
Don't know what he is up tp, but it will be nefarious.

If the cap fits wear it...
I think we can see that Mr Birdsall does NOT own
a MC-40...he..he..he...

How do you fill this lamp with spirit.

Santaidd/Mulliner
The Protector MC-40 is not a rare lamp to a proper collector like myself and many NMMA Members (but I have several on the, keep for a while and then sell, shelf). But to you, numbnuts, who knows enough about lamps to fill a pinhead in 26 typeface, it will be the rarest you have!! All the other lamps you have featured on your several Alias sites are all rubbish, hardly even worth scrap prices.
And as Bill Lee says - tell us all about it, what fuel, how to fill, what it's design features are and why, etc etc. And why have you never replied to the questions on lamp designs/features put to you over your idiotic postings of other lamp subjects in the past.
And why have you tried to "clone" a legitimate reputable web address? You will never acheive any respectability no matter how you wriggle and twist, because you are a proven Cheater, Faker, Liar and Thief.
Keep on putting your "rare" lamps on, and give us all a laugh in this miserable weather!!

The lamp is filled by removing the bonnet and by
Putting a long brass tube into the base next to
The burner, the lamp used paraffin and was lit
By high tension spark as your car engine works.

One MC 40 came up for sale on Ebay in about
April 2oo9 and went for a Low price, parts missing
Had been converted to electric bulb.

2006 prices were £30-40, they have not changed much since.
Filling was by a tube through the spring loaded valve next to the burner.
The high tension spark was a common feature on most electric ignition, however the MC40 was a side lighter, by probe, earthed through the base of the lamp.
So Mulliner you have a cheapo lamp to join your other crap.
What about the answers to why you try to clone other identities and answers to the other Lamp queries?

By the way Mulliner / Manchester; Bill Lee gave you the clue above, but you took no notice!!
The MC40 was ignited by a Magneto (page 200 David Barries book - picture of two magneto relighters from Maurice Dawsons collection), so parrafin has too low a flash point for this system. The fuel is therefore SPIRIT.
So if the Dumbo cap fits - wear it, he he he!

From David Mather ... EXPERT

QuoteReply Re: SUPER VINTAGE ECCLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Birdsall
You don't understand lamps either - the MC40 has a large flat hard wick and is ignited by high tension spark. Parrafin will not work with those features, only a spirit based fuel will work.

THE MC40 WAS DESIGNED FOR MANCHESTER COLLIERIES THE DUKE OF BRIDGWATERS ESTATE AROUND WORSLEY. THEY WERE PHASED OUT FROM NATIONALISATION IN 1947 AND REPLACED WITH THE TYPE 6.
THEY WERE A PARAFFIN BURNING LAMP WITH A HIGH TENSION LIGHTING CIRCUIT.
REGARDS DAVID MATHER

Sorry Charles,Paraffin was the fuel

Also see You Tube protector lamp sevicing

Nothing revealing on the You Tube. The lamp shown is obviously a demo lamp, because they don't have the striker key in, light with a match and put a bung int lighting hoile.
MC40 definately spirit lamp flat burner high tension.

M C 40 up for sale on EBay, but with parts missing.
The high tension electron / ring lighter is not there.
Also the brass plate is new and they did not have
Pop rivets in 1940-47.