Welcome to Ground View Metal Detector Sales & Rental Forum

Welcome to Ground View Metal Detector Sales & Rental Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Metal Detecting Diorama

Metal Detecting Diorama Build

I’m in the process of building a metal detecting Diorama. For those of you who do not know what a Diorama, it’s a 19th-century mobile theatre device, or, in modern usage, a three-dimensional full-size or miniature model, sometimes enclosed in a glass showcase for a museum. Dioramas are often built by hobbyists as part of related hobbies such as a hobby railroad display.

Mine will be a city/residential scene with road and sidewalk tear outs. It will show where lot line stakes should be. I will also having a Victorian Home with privy digging scene in the back yard. I just purchased a Clearity Ender Pro 3 V2 3D Printer.

It hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll be able to print out all my barricades, figures, trees, shrubbery, pipes, and anything else I need for the building of my Diorama. I will have LED lights in the buildings. I plan to put a siren kit in the Fire and Police Cars and trucks. This will be an ongoing project all winter and coincides with my Treasure Hunting Book

I will be doing monthly updates on my newsletter throughout the winter months when I’m unable to get out due to my health. I’m anxious to get started on this. I need to run to Hobby Lobby in Eau Claire to pickup some modeling plaster and the LED Lights. My daughter got me a bunch of buildings from a garage sale but after putting them on my platform, I found that the buildings are way to big for my Diorama. I need to start compiling different buildings before I can start this project because I need to set the buildings where I want them and then I’ll be able to build the roads.

I want to have it done before the 2021 Northern Wisconsin State Fair so I can display it there. If your interested in Diorama Building and 3D Printer, please get ahold of me. I’ll be doing videos as I start building this. I’ll close for now.

Re: My Metal Detecting Diorama

I’ve been busy making items for my Diorama with my 3D Printer. I made a static grass applicator from a battery operated fly swatted. I printed out a barrel for the end of the old fly swatter with my printer. I have to go to the glass store downtown and pickup a small screen so I can attach it to the barrel and then solder one wire to the screen and the other wire will have an alligator clip attached to it. I’ll put static grass in my diorama I’m building. Pictures are in our newsletter. Or you can see them on my Facebook page under Ground View Metal Detector Sales & Rental.

View my Message Forum
Free Forums by Bravenet.com