Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
View Entire Thread
Re: Using separate EIN/companies for separate services

Hi. I've seen this to be an issue with other medical practices lately, and what these practices are doing is setting up either an LLC or an S-Corp that is owned 100% by the entity that owns your practice. The new entity would be considered a "disregarded entity", so would not be a separate taxable entity from your practice. However, you will be able to get an EIN for this new entity, and use that new EIN for billing purposes.

Please consult with your healthcare attorney and CPA for clarification and confirmation about how best to set up this new entity for your specific purposes. Let us know if they provide you any information that is contrary to my short response above.

Zip Code: 01801