Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Some more 1099 questions... :)

Hi, Amanda,

On April 15th, 2016, so both estimated quarterly taxes and tax for the 2015 year is due.

Where do I go to pay the estimated quarterly taxes? Is it also via Turbotax? Online?

For 1099-ers who live in Texas (and do only work in Texas), where do the estimated taxes go towards since it is a no state income tax state? How much of my 1099 income should I save to pay for tax? I'm trying to pay most of my medical school loans off, but I do feel if I don't save money to the side for tax, I will be screwed. The only problem is that I'm not sure how much I should be putting to the side for tax.

Thank you so much once again. :)

Zip Code: 78744