Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flight costs for elective as tax-deductible

I traveled out of state from MD to Colorado for an elective at National Jewish in Denver which was directly related to my training as an ID Fellow and approved by my training program.

Can I deduct the flight costs to Denver as temporary job assignment expenditure under article 463 for my ID training?

Zip Code: 21217

Re: Flight costs for elective as tax-deductible

If you traveled to work in Colorado as part of a training program for less than a year with the intent to continue working in the city where you currently work and live, I would say you could definitely include the cost of those flights as an unreimbursed professional expense.

Zip Code: 01801

Re: Flight costs for elective as tax-deductible

Thank you for your answer!

Zip Code: 21217