Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MD tax credit for Health Enterprize Zone

Can anyone tell me why I might have gotten my Health Enterprise Zone credit rejected by MD Comptroller although I meet the criteria of a health care provider who works with medicaid patients in a substance abuse treatment program?

This is a new credit on the books, my tax preparer said I should qualify for it, and we attached my certificate renewal receipt for my recent re-certification with the DHMH health board.

I cannot get through when I try and phone the comptroller even though it is after April 15th. My preparer was puzzled but admitted I was the first person he had assisted in using the credit.

Any help or guidance while I await an email reply from Maryland tax help email @ mdtaxes.com?

Zip Code: 21114

Re: MD tax credit for Health Enterprize Zone

Hi, try to go to www.marylandtaxes.com. This website mdtaxes.com is a site we set up for doctors back in 1995, not aware of the confusion we would cause with the Maryland Tax Department.

Zip Code: 01801