Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: question about schedule C

thanks for taking time out of your busy season and responding.

what is the "short 3 line form" you refer to rather than the regular schedule c?

I was hoping to avoid schedule c all-together since i am otherwise just an ful-time employee - after all why should i be paying "extra" self employment taxes just because the employer decided to change defered compensation plans and also decided that they could't roll the allocations over into the "new" 401k (ie non-qualified - they never really even opened up an account for me with the old plan - just held onto the cash to avoid fees).

why they reported it on line 7 of a 1099-misc is not so clear to me.

couln't i just report it as other income and label it "1099"? It really isnt "self empolyed" income per se?

Zip Code: 11023

Re: Re: Re: question about schedule C

Check out the Schedule C-EZ available at:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sce.pdf.

As long as your total Schedule C expenses are less than $5k, you can usually complete this short form.

Zip Code: 01801