Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changing lease on medical equipment

I entered a lease on medical equipment (vein ablation) but the company recently went bankrupt and was purchased by another company. Though they claim to be continuing to offer product support, I have questions about their viability. Key Bank is handling the lease terms. What options do I have on changing the lease?

Zip Code: 94122

Re: Changing lease on medical equipment

A good place to start is by reading through your lease document that you originally signed when you acquired this piece of machinery. What does the contract say about your lease being assigned to another party?

You might also want to ask your business lawyer about what they can do for you with regard to this lease, now that the company you originally signed on with went bankrupt.

Finally, wouldn't the support be offered by the manufacturer and not the leasing company? You might want to contact the company that manufactured the medical equipment or the sales rep that sold you the equipment, and let them know your concerns.

Good luck with this matter. Please let us know if you come across any information during this process that you can share with me or the other visitors to this Forum.

Zip Code: 01801