Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hiring kids..

One of the rules is that you pay your children a fair wage for services provided. So if you can get some stats as to what a child would earn to model for a website, then that's the type of information you want to keep in your files in case the IRS ever questions the wages you paid to your children.

I'm not sure if that info will be available on Salary.com, but that might be a good place to start.

Zip Code: 01801

Re: Re: hiring kids..

thank you for your response. i have polled several child modelling agencies and the salary that i would pay my children are well within the "going rate".

Re: Re: Re: hiring kids..

Eric,

You should refine what you'd pay your wife and children for modeling in the photos for your practice marketing materials for what YOUR wife and children could fetch if contracted out by the modeling agency to non-related clients. If you ask the modeling agency what they'd charge for very first time models to do the work, that would give you a better idea than just, say, the average they would get for models of varying experience levels.

Zip Code: 83402

Re: Re: Re: Re: hiring kids..

thank you for the advice