Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ammended return

I originally e-filed my taxes with Turbo tax and then everything was accepted and I received a tax credit from mortgage company that I did not include. In the meantime, I owed state and was to have it come out of my checking account, and fed was a refund due. I received the refund and state was paid their amount. I ammended my taxes and then I was due a refund on both state and federal. My question is will I get the $641 I originally paid to state back? I was due a refund with them on the ammended return and I already received the $56. I am confused. How will they figure out the refund and will they include what I paid to them but did not have to? Thanks!

Zip Code: 21061

Re: ammended return

The amended return should clearly show the amount of money due to you from that error. The first column shows what you originally filed, the third colun shows the corrected figures, and the middle column shows the change. Assuming the paperwork was completed properly, the correct amount will be refunded to you when your amended return is processed.

So I guess I don't understand your question.

Zip Code: 01801