Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance vs Cash Practice

Hi ... I'm a fellow in Child Psych and am looking into moonlighting ... The thing is that the private group that wants me to moonlight with them is heavily insurance-company dependent. My long term goal is to have a cash-only practice in child psych. The question is - can I take insurance under the 'umbrella' of the current company and then, when I open my own practice, will opening my own LLC (or even without an LLC) allow me to take cash only in my "own" practice? I hope that's a clear question ... Thanks!

Zip Code: 08831

Re: Insurance vs Cash Practice

That's a great question. I meet with a lot of psychiatrists and psychologists each tax season, and I know that most try to deal with insurance companies as little as possible.

I'll make sure to ask my mental health clients about their experience with this issue, and get back to you when I find out some good info.

Zip Code: 01801