Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: healthcare accountants?

The HCAA is not familiar to me, but the organization sounds interesting. I scanned their website and I'd like to know more about them. (http://www.hcaa.com/

I am familiar with and a member of the Medical Group Management Association and the related Ohio chapter, which both include a number of CPAs. They typically have state and sometime local chapters which meet quarterly. The MGMA is a great source for medical practice information. Their Physician Compensation Survey and Cost Survey are both excellent. They do not have any particular function in supporting CPAs who work in the healthcare field.

Contact me if you'd like to talk about this further.

Zip Code: 43232

Re: healthcare accountants?

I think your second question is a fair question.

One of the goals of the MDTAXES site is to provide useful and relevant tax and basic financial planning information for healthcare professionals.

Each year, my CPA firm prepares just over 2000 individual tax returns, of which 90% are for physicians, dentists, and psychologists. Plus, through the site and its Message Board, we receive lots of questions and comments from non-clients as well.

The articles we post each month are directly related to the questions I hear from my firm's clients and through the site. So, while the articles aren't all about healthcare type issues, they all are based on the tax and basic financial planning issues that we feel healthcare professionals want to learn more about.

Zip Code: 01801