Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Profit Sharing Plan

Nandeesh-

It all depends on how the plan was set up by the corporation.

If the plan was set up directly with a mutual fund family, you will most likely be limited to their funds.

However, if the plan was set up with a brokerage platform, then each physician should have the ability to "self-direct" the funds that are invested by or for them.

You need to find out more from your employer or TPA (third party administrator) to know for sure.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Zip Code: 11797

Re: Re: Profit Sharing Plan

hi,
yes it is self directed and i am investing by myself at a brokerage firm that i choose. i have been using a combination of stocks and mutual funds, can i calso invest in real estate with the funds, ? buy land, ? rental property etc.
any info will be helpful
nandeesh

Zip Code: 95355