Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: May Newsletter topic

I'm glad that you found the article informative.

If you have 2 children, does that mean you can disperse ~$5K to each? yes

If my medical business is in the form of a LLC, that would be fine, correct? As long as the only owner(s) of the LLC is you, or you and your spouse.

Finally, could I transfer the money to child's custodial account? You're required to transfer money to your child's account by writing your child a pay check. And make sure to only compensate your child a fair wage for services provided.

If you find yourself on the Penn campus, I'm sure the Wharton finance professors will get a kick out of the use of Arbitrage in this article.

Zip Code: 01801

Re: Re: May Newsletter topic

Thanks for the clarification, great idea. Speaking of Wharton, my spouse begins an executive MBA there and I understand that recent cases have opened the way for deducting tuition for such programs as unreimbursed business expenses. I definitely will try to take advantage of this.

Zip Code: 08043