Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Insurance billing

do you have other clients who are in similar situations? How do I show proof that the insurance money taken in is directly given/refunded to my employer?

Zip Code: 07801

Re: Re: Re: Insurance billing

We have a lot of clients in this situation. You can show proof a few different ways.

Start by taking a look at the address on the 1099 forms. It's probably the address of the practice.

You should also request that your employer provide you with a letter on their stationary detailing that you're required to refund these insurance checks to them.

Finally, I just had a client audited, and this was one of the issues. The IRS agent asked the insurance companies for some of the cancelled checks, and they took a look at the endorsement on those checks.

I don't think this is a huge issue to get worried about.

Zip Code: 01801