Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Year end funding for retirement plans

Good thinking. I'm a firm believer of maxing out your 401k or 403b contributions every year, whenever possible.

My understanding is that most employers will allow you to withhold up to 100% of your paycheck, less social security and Medicare taxes, for your 401k or 403b salary deferral. They generally don't allow you to write a check from your personal account to fund your salary deferrals, however.

I recommend that you contact the payroll department and the benefits department of your new employer first thing Monday morning.

Zip Code: 01801