Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FICA refund class action suit

I have been waiting nearly 5 years for my refund and I think the IRS may never pay. I heard a class action suit in Massachusetts was settled in favor of the residents. I was thinking of filing a similar suit here on the west coast. If anyone is interested or knows of other residents interested in a class action suit please let me know. You can email or call me at 510-663-1003.

Hope to see you in court.

Aaron

Zip Code: asgoldfarb@earthlink.net

Re: FICA refund class action suit

From what I hear, people have had the best chance of success of getting the FICA refund when the hospital files a "class action" with the IRS. It seems that the IRS has a habit of losing the paperwork filed by individuals. I've heard on more than one occassion that the IRS requested people to re-file their refund requests because they couldn't locate the paperwork previously filed.

Don't forget that the hospital benefits as well when the residents get their FICA taxes refunded. That's because they will get back their matching contribution. Assuming a salary of $40,000, the hospital has the potential of getting back $3,000 per resident per year.

In Boston, I think they hired one of the national accounting firms to take care of filing the class action on a contingency basis. Maybe as part of the class action you're looking to file you can find a CPA or attorney willing to help you out on a contingency basis as well.

Zip Code: cpa@mdtaxes.com

Re: Re: FICA refund class action suit

I think I was at that teaching hospital in Boston and I have filled out lots of documents but oh, no money.

Zip Code: mmkkln@charter.net