Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
credit reports and mortgage approval

Among many other loans, I have a private loan that has a significant interest rate. I was recently offered several different personal loans through local banks and credit companies that offer lower interest rates. These would add up to significant savings over the long run. However, I am also saving for a downpayment on a future house.
Would a personal loan be more detrimental than a private student loan when listed on a credit report for mortgage loan approval?
Thanks, in advance

Zip Code: hkrheemd@hotmail.com

Re: credit reports and mortgage approval

The person to ask this question to is your mortgage broker. These days, your mortgage has become a commodity, with the broker's goal to sell your mortgage to the secondary markets with the least amount of headaches. To do so, he or she knows that the paperwork, including your credit report, needs to be in order, with no loose ends.

Zip Code: cpa@mdtaxes.com