Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Original MDTAXES Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Car Deductions

An article in Physicians Money Digest recently advocated new car purchases over $40,000, ie. a luxury car used exclusively for business gets a "special" deduction of 50% off purchase price, up to 15,500.00 or so. So does this really work?-our medial group tax accountant never advocates individual or "practice" cars in this manner. I'm in need of a new car-I was going cheap as I'm the sole breadwinner with big med. school debt; but I've put off a "real" car for years. I'm 41 and ready for a decent car-is this the tax effecient path? Also what defines "exclusive" no soccer mom trips then?
Thanks,
Cindy Schuler, M.D.

Zip Code: NZ8I@hotmail.com

Re: New Car Deductions

Our August newsletter contained information on this newly increased tax deduction. You can find that article at http://www.mdtaxes.com/news0803.html.

Zip Code: cpa@mdtaxes.com