Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Disability and Life Insurance
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Disability insurance

Most physicians will own some individual disability insurance to best protect themselves.

While some hospitals mandate that you enroll in their group Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance plan, others offer disability insurance on a voluntary basis.

Depending upon your medical specialty, salary and career plans, at the very least, you should understand the pros and cons of your group LTD plan and investigate how it compares to individual coverage.

At that point, you can decide if you want to replace your group LTD (if possible), supplement your group LTD or keep things as they are.

If you would like to discuss the specifics of your situation, I would be happy to help.

You can also go to my website and read several of my "Disability Insurance and Financial Planning Articles for Physicians". You should find them to be very informative.

Larry

Zip Code: 11050