Welcome to the MDTAXES Message Board

The MDTAXES Network is an affiliation of CPAs that specialize in the tax planning and preparation for young health care professionals.  Please leave your questions or comments for our CPAs, who visit the message board regularly, or review the answers, suggestions and ideas posted in response to your colleagues' questions.

Please check out our other Message Boards available at www.FindAGoodCPA.com.

Please note: We are NOT affiliated with the Maryland Tax Department. If you're looking for information about Maryland income taxes, go to www.marylandtaxes.com.

Corp's, S-Corp's, and LLC's
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
incorporate where if I work overseas?

Hi, I am an independent contractor physician for a US military base overseas. My accountant has recommended that I form a Professional Corporation/S Corporation to minimize taxes/asset protection and he suggested that I look into states without corporation income tax. I've been specifically looking into Nevada and Delaware, but it appears that I would need a medical license in those state if I were to form a professional corporation. I prefer not to apply for another medical license if possible. Are physicians required to incorporate as a professional corporation or are regular corporations ok? What states are attractive to incorporate for doctors?
What states do not require a license in that state to incorporate as a professional corporation?
Thanks!

Zip Code: 96203