Angela's Online Discussion Group

Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), Human Earth Animal Liberation (HEAL) cannot review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages, are not responsible for any messages posted, do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Administrators or any entity or individual associated with HEAL. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Administrators immediately by email at info@heal-online.org. The Website Administrators may in its discretion remove such material, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing particular messages may not occur immediately.   Although the Administrators do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Website harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Due to abuse of this forum it is now password protected.  To request the password, please send an e-mail to angela@heal-online.org, subject: bravenet forum password.  I will then send a verification e-mail to you and if approved, you will be given the password.  Survivors may express their feelings and thoughts with out editing them.  This is our message board and will be used and monitored to insure this remains a safe place for survivors, their families, and sympathetic parties to post their experiences.   In addition, HEAL has two additional and separate message boards.  Survivors and others wishing to discuss the behavior modification industry, please visit NEW FORUM at: http://heal-online.org/tinc?key=aOvhgoOX&start=-1&reverse=1  You may also visit www.heal-online.org for links to more forums.  We suggest you also utilize these boards as this board has limited space and therefore we are forced to delete messages from time to time.  If you have a news story you wish to share, please e-mail it to heal@heal-online.org and we will post it online at www.heal-online.org/news.htm.  Do not use this message board to post news reports.  Thank you.

Angela's Online Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2003 YOUNG BLACK WOMAN SURVIVOR OF PCS

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN:
My name is Kira Lamb and I am a PCS SURVIVOR OF 7 MONTHS OF THE MORMAN BASED CAMP GROUNDS OF PCS. I was 16 years old when my mom sent me there IN 2003. My mom like many sent me there because she was tired of my teenage attitude that every parent will have to face with teenage daughters eventually. I was not doing drugs, sexually active, or of any harm to my self or others at the time. It was mostly a "LESSON" to show me who was boss! (my mom) I was a military dependent at the time so when my mom saw that TRI CARE COVERED THE SERVICES 100% SHE JUMPED ON THE OPPORTUNITY. To make a long story short. I am a black or african american woman and at the time 1 of 4 out of the 200 girls housed there. So you can imagine how differently we were treated. Angie Davis was the worst staff member this treatment center therapist and Staff loved having control of who advanced and who didn't . Since 99% of their treatment is based on staff member and counselor decisions and evaluations the staff thrived off of the fact that they knew insurance companies wouldnt pay for a child to discharge (plane ticket home) unless the counselor recommended that they we're at the right stage or status that the program required the patients to be to go home. As a black girl in the little Mormon Prodominatley caucasion world of theirs I was called ******s by staff memebers ANGIE DAVIS. I was held back many months and not allowed to advance to any of the normal developing stages such as those a normal human being should be allowed . such as talk time with peers verbal communication with others or how a bout normal physical activity such as work outs. This program is horrible, Not to mention when you make a "HOTEL STATUS" you live in a hotel basically working under the table as a housekeeper in the hotel rooms. I finally made it out when i was allowed a visit out since the therapist realized i wasn't legally supposed to be staying there and the military demanded a phsyc report to be done by MILITARY PERSONELL since they couldn't understand their funding for my "so called need to be there" I left for a home visit and refused to come back that was the only time i recall being rebellious is when i told my mom she could kill me before i EVER GET BACK ON A PLANE TO PROVO UTAH AKA HELL
THANKS
KIRA LAMB
THE OTHER BLACK SURVIVOR

Re: 2003 YOUNG BLACK WOMAN SURVIVOR OF PCS

i was also a black girl at provo,, in 02,, also my last name was lamb