Return to Website

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting

Welcome! This is mainly a "local" forum for American Civil War cavalry reenactors in the Pacific Northwest. It will have dates of events and trainings as well as any items of interest.

Pacific Northwest Cavalry Reenacting
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need of someone to describe how to rig a McClellan saddle.

I would love someone to contact me and or send me to a link that would show how to rig a McClellan saddle. I am a horse trainer and of course know everything and anything about Dressage, western, trail 7/8 rigging to 3 way and crossfire, hunter saddles etc... I am working with someone on teaching them how to ride (for a cavalry unit in Michigan) who finally purchased a McClellan saddle. I am familiar with crossfire rigging and this seems to be very similar. Could anyone direct me to a book or a site that may have photos of different ways of tacking the saddle up. I personally have not seen the saddle as of yet but know from pictures and sites what they do look like tree and all from the basic McClellan to the ones with all the bells and whistles. I hope I am making sense here. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Devon

Re: I need of someone to describe how to rig a McClellan saddle.

Go here to see how to fit a McClellan to your horse.

http://9thvirginia.com/fitting.html

Re: I need of someone to describe how to rig a McClellan saddle.

what do you need to know call me if you like and i can help i have 2 and can fit and rig them 360 773 6653 dianna