Return to Website

Mouse Droppings

Welcome! Jump in and join the fun. Try out the NEW FORUM. Discuss politics, rip-off's, community issues or whatever else you'd like. Pool Side contacts, talk to your friends at pool 2 to keep in touch. Jump right in and have some fun. Captain Ed and his mouse Meko will discuss most anything you want to talk about. Donna a.k.a. gramme will be there as well. 

Mouse Droppings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible relocation

Hi, my wife and I are strongly considering relocating to Barefoot Bay. I am recently retired, however, I retired early (@52 y.o), thus, we are a "little" younger than the typical retiree, and I am still trying to talk my wife into quitting work and retire early. We recently visited Barefoot Bay and meet many wonderful people and would appreciate any responses about Barefoot Bay either good or bad. We realize that the people we spoke to at the clubhouse and the pools and the lounge could be the few that "love" Barefoot Bay, and of course the realtor will tell you the same. What we are looking for is whether there are any (or many) negatives from owning a home in Barefoot Bay.

Currently we live in Virginia near Washington, DC and deal with a homeowner's association, so we know that in itself can be a problem depending on what the board is up too, so we are prepared to deal with a problematic board of director (it that is the case).

So, any information regarding BB would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of any good deals in a home, or knows of someone thinking of selling their home - any leads would be appreciated! Thanks!

Tony & Mary

Re: Possible relocation

My husband and I have bought our retirement home early (we are in our late 30's early 40's).
We love BB and the surounding area.
We live in RI and it is like a drug to be able to visit our oasis.
My Mom, Grandmother,Aunt, Uncle, and Father-In-Law loved visiting us so much, that they all have moved down.
We love that there are many things to do, or nothing to do. Depending on what is your mood.
So, I guess I am recommending the move.

Re: Re: Possible relocation

My wife , Sister in-law and Brother in-law just closed on Thursday in Barefoot bay. We are from Massachusetts and we are still 7 years or more from retirement. I knoe it is an older comunity but we loved it there and met many nice people. We can't wait to start going down. My Mother in-law will be staying for most of the winter. We have been coming to Florida for 22 years. We used to go to New Smyrna beach which is great but this place was also great and in our price range for a 1st vacation home