Return to Website

Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Miami pro-am Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kashy vs. Hurricane

Hello,

can you tell me more about Kashy vs. Hurricane FRB 5b please.

(a Hurricane Fr5 b extra soft in almost all other conditions ( next best fin to a Kashy, reccomended to me by Dave Kashy in fact)

Re: Kashy vs. Hurricane

The main thing I can say is that the performance seems really close. The Hurricane seems to have a slightly more progressive flex vs the super tip soft flex of the Kashy, but only slightly. The Kashy is for sure softer, but the Fr5b I have is still pretty soft, and so I feel has a great wind range, and can maybe be better as the wind increases. The two biggest differences: Kashy $800 + and 1 year wait, Hurricane $350 and 1 month wait!

Hi,

i have a hurrican frb 5b to with 3 degree rake and the stiffness 651, what rake an stiffness have your fin.

thank you
claudio

my fin is 4 degree rake soft flex, any number is the serial number not stiffness........

Hi,

i called ottmar from hurricane, the number combination with the 4 numbers are the production month an year, the number combination with the 3 numbers are the stiffness! for sure.

greatings
claudio

Hi Ron,

an amendment statement: the two first scribed numbers are the measurement of the stiffness, the last scribed number are the measurement ot the tortional stiffness (twist) of the fin.

Greetings from Germany

Wasserhahn

well i will have to look and see what it says then. I just asked him to make me the softest possible when I ordered it.....

651 is what is written there.....