Return to Website

Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Miami pro-am Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
F2 Fx VI

Many of you had the chance to see how the new board works.
Now some weeks are passed by so more news should be available..
Any advice?

Thank you

Re: F2 Fx VI

Well still early for a comclution , we are having some boards tested in brasil and some in miami . So far the board is much better upwind specialy in the chops, Really fast downwind , . Now we will try the plates to see how they work However the board is really fast and have a much better angle upwind compare with the last year model, also it goes strait up after the tack , we will have more information soon. full report with Jimmy Diaz soon stay tuned

do you think faster than Starboard 161?
When you think to have more feedback?
Thank you

No one around here has a Starboard at the moment. I am sure someone will come to the race in a couple of weeks with one, and then we may get to see. The new one feels really good though!

Hey Ron,any chance to sail new board?
I have to place my order and still indecised between new 162 and fx VI !
Give me some help!

Thank you

Hi,
please can somebody explain the exact difference of the FX VI vs. FX Z BOARDS of F2 ?
Thanks a lot in advance.

gre-969

Shorter, rounded off nose, thinner, more comfortable deck shape on the back foot, flatter rocker, much faster upwind in chop. we are still playing with the tuning of the board, so thats all we can say at this point. get your orders in though, it is really nice!

hey Rick,how was sailing yesterday?
Fw or slalom?
R17 and R13 Soft and Medium should work fine.
Can't wait to get my new toy!
Please let us informed....

Bye

Frustrating!

I had a lot of stuff to do, and took forever to get to the water. Met Alex at the Causeway and he tried to convince me to go Formula, but I had the feeling VK was going to be great so I headed there. When I arrived it was awesome, blowing about 18 - 21. So I started rigging my 7.0 TR3 and a Falcon 90 slalom. Some guy was there who started Asking a bunch of questions about the Formula board in the back of the truck and racing and it took me a while to hit the water. That was when the wind died! It came back a while later, and I got out on the board, but it took me about 15 minutes to figure the thing out as it was my first time on that board, and the tuning was totally different than any slalom board I have ever sailed. As soon as I got it dialed in, the wind died again and shifted east! Time to call it a day, and head over to the causeway and tell Alex he told me so.....He and Fernando were out testing the new boards with and without the plates. Alex on 10 meter 07, Fernando on 11 '08. Natalie was out on a *board experience with a 7.3 (how was that? "heavy felt like a cow"). Alex really likes the plates in the new board, though he has modified the shape and size based on reccomendations from Patric D. Fernando was not too sure about the differences in the 11 meter from last year, but he really likes the new 12.3 "I am getting one for sure" he said.

Looks like today will be good with winds around 15, so we will see what happens.

bad luck Rick,it's the prestige price!!
Still deciding about slalom board and Fanatic is one of the option.
It was told me that it's something to love or to hate!Never tested on and I come from isonic...
Would you try to describe your feeling?
When it comes to sail I'm pretty sure the '07 11 was a bullet so,think,little change for it.But 11,9 would need a bit more grunt.. Are still prototypes or finally models?If not,whe is the dead line for not be too late in the market?

Enjoy your sailing day!

the sails are the final ones.

The Fanatic uses a very mast forward position. I have always set my mast foot as far back in the track as possible as a starting point on a new board. big mistake on the Fanatic! I moved it forward to about 1/2 way with 7.0 and a 36 goldwing, which was previously spinning out sideways with the mast step back. After moving the mast, I now had to push on the front foot, instead of pressuring the fin with the back foot. It felt good this way. I really did not have proper time to see if it was actually fast because of the wind dying though! Absolutely a totally different feeling than I was used to. I need to pick up a new slalom board larger than my current one, a 55 cm Richard Greene, and am not sure which way to go. I have sailed the F2 M and to me it feels like a small Formula board. I have also used the new Fanatic 104 for a short run a few months ago, and it was good, but not really for sails below 7 meters I believe. The F2 small is barely larger in size to my current board, and I am not yet sure about the 90/89!

Maybe I will just have to get Richard to shape me a new board or get one of the new Naish boards he shaped!

Ok Rick,if sails are the final ones I think I could hold my 11 and change just 11,9 for new 11,8.But it's not clear to me if the more power-pull size is 11,8 or 12,3.I guess I'm too light for the last one (just 82 kg) so will see...
In France lot of people does love Falcon 90/89 as it's extremely fast (also in combination with Tr-3),responsive,big wind range and charge such big size (till 7,8 if needs).I think it's best with tr-3 6,6 or so..
But the main trick there is to use a stiff fin as moulded vector or sl 1.Lighter guys can go for sl2 as well.
I'm sure Tinho can give you any help you need there!
I know for sure that soon some new F2 will be released.They're named T.E. and will be 3 sizes: 77,68,63 (maybe some smaller too).So you could check it out!
Great Green Naish feedback as well. 95 has a biiiiggg wind range in bt,maybe,is too low on the water.Great help in critical control situations.
If you didn't like Sx M I don't talk to you about isonic 101....

Good luck

P.S. what about 104?

Fernando who is a lightweight guy loves the new 12.3, he says he is definitely getting one.

Yes we are waiting for the new F2 te to show up so we can check them out. I am in no particular hurry as it is Formula season here with several races comming up, so slalom is on the side for now(but never far from the mind!).

I need to sail the Falcon some more too, see whats up.

Hello,
I wonder about this message made few post above:
>Alex really likes the plates in the new board, though he has modified the shape and size based on reccomendations from Patric D.<
Are you guys really modifying the plates themselves?
If so, would like to see some pictures indicating this mods.
Last year I saw some sailors attaching them in some strange angle (like 45 degrees), but now it seems you going one step further.

Thank you in advance,
gl

More news on this later.......

We are making our own plates with a different configuration which gives more power to the fin. when we have come up with more info, and configurations, we will post pics and repeorts. we are concentrating on the race at hand, see the report we will have soon.

Hallo guys,
what more can you say about new stuff seen at Alex Caviglia race?
What was your impression about f2/north ? What was its strong and weak point ?
Thank you

Only a couple of guys on the new F2 which we allready know is great. The new North's seem to be going really well. Lots of sizes used at this race, so I am sure you will see some reports soon.

Hi Mark,

Re North Sails: Definitely the draft has been modified and the sails rock!!!. Also it has more shaping on top. The draft has been placed further back and up (FYI).We all had a great time sailing them and we can see that they are up more than a nothch compared to last years's sails. They are a MUST.

F2- Alex modified the plates as the first boards we received came from the factory without them. So Patrick sent to us the diagram of how to make the plates for the new board. Definitely it works. Fernando was using it wihtout plates aqs he was not sure , but when it is windy I can see that he will use plates from now on. The boards is good and we are pleased and happy with it. Jimmy's performance shows how good the board is. Definitely outperformed the new ML and the SB 161.

Thx again,

Ed

Thank you Ed.
Look forward for new test info.

bye

hey I was thinking about the add shape in the up of the sail.
Is it good? I thought in that part the sail needs to be flat to better release air in overpower and don't slow down the board.
Am I wrong?

Was Micah on 161 or 162 ?

1 2